LinkedIn’s newest change leaves me mourning the loss of the search box in the profile of our connections. I loved being able to search my clients and networking partners to see who they knew that I wanted to meet so I could ask for targeted introductions, but that search box has been retired according to LinkedIn help.
So, how do we handle this big change? Adapt. After brainstorming with my fabulous team: Sally Jo LaMont, Bob Woods and DB Wienke, we have come up with a step-by-step process that doesn’t replace that boolean search capability, but is a decent band-aid. FYI, in order to really use it well – you will need a premium account.
Here are the new steps to filter your connections’ connections:
- Type your connections name in the search box, but DO NOT choose them from the drop-down…click the magnify glass.
- If they have their connections open, click on the # of connections highlighted in green (if they don’t you won’t be able to this search)
- Filter by 2nd degree, location and industry you are targeting on the right hand side.
- If you have a premium account choose the seniority level and function as well.
- Search and make your list.
Join us tonight at 8p ET for #SocialSales chat as we talk through these challenges and as a community overcome them with crowd sourcing solutions!
If you or your team need to Leverage LinkedIn to grow business but you are not sure how, let’s have a conversation. Even if we decide not to work together, I am confident our call will be full of insights and strategies to help you leverage LinkedIn more effectively. Here is a link to my calendar http://ScheduleaCallwithBrynne.com please pick a time that is most convenient for you. I am looking forward to our call.
CLICK HERE to view book on Amazon.
This book from Brynne Tillman encapsulates the social selling ethos. Page after page of tips and best practices for sales professionals. I see this as a workbook and the most up to date reference material for sales people learning to leverage LinkedIn. Keep this book on your desk, the information within will provide value for a long time. – Koka Sexton, Global Senior Social Media Manager at LinkedIn”
Copyright © 2015 Social Sales Link, LLC. All Rights Reserved.