There are so many amazing features on LinkedIn that sometimes it is hard to determine
how to prioritize your activities and what to do that will be most productive. At minimum, there are 3 very effective activities that all B2B sales professional should do every day:
1. Look at “who’s viewed your profile” this is caller ID for LinkedIn – make sure you check who has checked you out every day and reach out to the folks that, if they had called you on the phone, you’d return the call.
Message for 1st degree connections:
XXX, I noticed you had checked out my profile and realized it has been some time since we have talked. I thought we should set up a time to chat and explore ways we might be able to help each other out.
Message for 2nd degree connections:
XXX, Thank you for checking out my profile, I looked at yours and thought it might make sense for us to schedule a brief call and explore ways we might be able to work together.
2. For every face to face networking meeting or client meeting, be sure to look at their connections and make a list of people you’d like to meet. Offer them to do the same.
- From their profile, click on their blue connections number (500+)
- This takes you to their connections where you will see a search bar in the top right (click on the magnifying glass)
- Enter the keywords or title of the people you would like to meet ie. “CIO” OR “CTO” OR “IT Director”
- Click advanced in the top left of the box
- Use the left hand side filters to drill down like location and/or industry
- Make a list of who they know that you would like to meet
- Review their names when you are together and whittle them down to a select few that are the best fit
- Offer an introduction template to make it easy for them to copy you both in an email:
I would like to introduce you to Brynne Tillman, CEO of Social Sales Link. I thought it might make sense for the two of you to connect and investigate how you might work together. Brynne helps sales professionals build their pipeline, reduce the sales cycle and close more business through leveraging the power of LinkedIn and Social Selling. Brynne’s LinkedIn programs have made a significant impact on the way her professionals are growing their business. Brynne will be contacting you in the next couple of days, please take her call; I believe it will be well worth your time. If you would like to reach out to Brynne, her contact information is: Brynne.Tillman@SocialSalesLink.com | 888.775.5262 http://www.linkedin.com/in/brynnetillman
- Reply All: Networking Partner, thank you for the introduction. New Person, I am looking forward to speaking with you, learn more about you and your business and explore ways we might be able to work together. I have Monday morning and Thursday afternoon available for a call, what works best for you?
3. Engage with your connections by wishing them happy birthday or congratulate them on a promotion or new job (beware, often new jobs mentions are not actually a new position but a connections update). Be sure to write a personal note – it is so much more appreciated than the standard message. If you have the iPhone use LinkedIn’s new app, CONNECTED – makes this step so simple.BONUS: Use iPhone’s keyboard shortcuts to store message templates.
There are so many other great features from LinkedIn, but if you begin with these 3 activities every day you will begin to see your business grow.
Want to be social sales certified? CLICK HERE to check out our 10 week live online course beginning November 3!