Have you ever looked at who has viewed your profile, and you come across “someone in the manufacturing industry” or “LinkedIn member”, well they are in stalker mode. And although, as a networker, I preach keeping your connections open and your visibility high, I have to admit every once in a while, I find myself walking on the darkside…yes, I occasionally go anonymous. Do I really want my competition to know that I am looking?
For the record, I don’t advise that you stay in anonymous, just temporarily when you are feeling the urge!
There are 3 settings:
- Your name and headline
- Anonymous profile characteristics such as industry and title
- You will be totally anonymous
I am a firm believer in you are either all in or all out – the whole teaser thing is just a tease and has no value in my mind!
Here is how you do it:
- hover over you picture icon on the top right of your profile
- Click on privacy settings
- Then choose “Select what others see when you’ve viewed their profile”
- Be sure to change it back when you have completed your stalking!
I can’t stress enough how important it is to stay open most of the time. Remember this is a networking tool, and if you want to network – you need to be open!
Need help with your LinkedIn? Social Sales Link can help you complete your profile, run a marketing campaign or even blog for you. EMAIL US today to schedule a call to learn more!