We are inundated with content every single day – relevant insights can often be needles in they haystack. But, all you really need to find that needle is a magnet, and that is what LinkedIn’s Pulse can do, and a simple search can lead you to a targeted magnet and all that it has attracted. Once you are able to pin point content that is engaging your targeted audience, most of the prospecting work is done for you. Why, because someone else held up the magnet and you get to see all the needles it attracted, all in one place.
- First find the content. Type the topic you would like to search on in the Search box and try to make it as relevant to your business as possible.
- Click the drop-down, choose Posts and click the search glass.
- Filter down on the left side based on when it was posted, popular authors and more. Then click on an article.
- You can see how many views, “likes” and comments that author received for that particular post, and make a decision if this content is attracting the people you wish to meet.
- Next read it! Do not engage with people that are liking and commenting on an article until you have a clear understanding of the posts POV (Point of View).
- First, reply and like the comments of the people you want to engage.
- Ask to connect with those that respond with a note that states: NAME, I really enjoyed the article XXX and liked your comment. Let’s connect and explore how we might be able to help each others’ networks now or in the future.
- When you connect send a brief note: NAME, great to be connected, lets set up a brief introductory call, here is a link to my calendar http://ScheduleaCallwithBrynne.com please pick a time that is most convenient for you. In addition, here is a blog post I published last week that you might also enjoy.
If you take the time to do this simple task, not only will you begin to build a network of the right people, but with people that typically “like”, comment and share. When you do a good job with this, your content will get more engagement as well.