How awesome would it be to have them live in your CRM or have the ability to email them all at once through your marketing campaigns? Social Selling involves more than just LinkedIn, so it is optimal to be able to engage your connections throughout other platforms and share your message through different media touches.
Well guess what…you can! LinkedIn allows you to export your connections into an excel spreadsheet so you can upload somewhere else. You will get a list of everyone’s first name, last name, email, job title and company name. Even if you aren’t using the list for marketing, it is a great way to have a backup, I actually export my connections at least once a month.
- Hover over Network at the top and select Contacts.
- Click the Settings icon near the top right.
- Under Advanced Settings on the right, click Export LinkedIn Connections.
- Enter the security text if prompted.
- Choose Microsoft Outlook CSV (even if you don’t use Outlook, this is the option that will export into excel.
- Click Export.
- Save the file somewhere you can easily find it, like your computer’s desktop.
If you’re using Internet Explorer you will get a pop-up blocker across the top of the page, click the yellow bar and then select Download File.
Best Practice Tip: If you are adding this list to your email campaigns, make sure you ask permission and have the ability to opt-out easily accessible.
DOWNLOAD 11 Ways to Use LinkedIn for Business Development
As always, we would love to hear your questions and tips! Please share in comments.