Lead generation is the process of attracting and converting strangers and prospects into someone who has indicated interest in your company’s product or service.
What defines a lead?
A lead is a person who has indicated interest in your company’s product or service in some way, shape, or form.
What can we do on LinkedIn to attract those people?
- Develop a buyer-centric profile that moves your profile from a resume to a resource. This simply means rather than talking about you and why they should buy from you, offer them value that gets them thinking a little bit differently about their current situation.
- Look, look back. If your settings are open, when you visit someone’s profile they will be notified, and they will view your profile. This is a great way to get on the radar of targeted people. When they look back you can send them a connection request. CLICK HERE to learn more about how to leverage who’s viewing your profile.
- Send your new connections a welcome message and then follow-up. Make the message meaningful to your connections. Offer them insights that is so valuable that will position you as a thought leader and subject matter expert. Then, in a few days, follow-up with a note offering additional insights specific to their situation. If your content resonated, they will be excited to schedule a call.
- Write, share and engage on content that resonates with your buyers’ challenges and offer insights that moves them closer to your solution. The trick here is to not just share content on your homepage but to @mention people and share the post with specific connections. Another way to leverage content is to send a link directly in a welcome message to new connections or to re-engage connections that you’ve ignored. Consider alternative collateral like LinkedIn’s Native Video for tips and strategic interviews with insights that are meaningful to your buyers. Finding other people’s content and engaging is a powerful way to start conversations with targeted prospects and convert them into leads.
- Warm introductions is one of my favorite ways to generate leads. LinkedIn allows you to search your connections’ connections – and by identifying who your clients and networking partners know and leverage your relationships for referrals, gaining access to your buyers is simple. Plus, when you come in through a warm introduction, you come in with credibility.
- Create Searches of your ideal buyers and use the 2nd Degree filter. LinkedIn will search all of your connections’ connections and produce a list of ideal buyers that you share at least one connection with. Once you identify who in your network can connect you with your targeted prospects, you can reach out and ask for introductions.
- Search your 1st-degree connections to identify who you already know that you should be talking to, and offer them something of value. Like this post…😉
If you are looking to leverage LinkedIn for lead generation, let’s chat. Whether or not we decide to work together, I am confident I can offer some actionable insights that can help you find and engage your targeted market. If you are open, here is a link to my calendar https://calendly.com/brynnetillman/15-minute-revgrow-call – please pick a time that best works for you.